Today on indieWIRE: Johnny Depp's latest gets a fall release date, Hole reunites (Courtney Love included!), eight April releases get hyped and more.
- FilmDistrict finally revealed the release date for Johnny Depp's latest, 'The Rum Diary.' See Depp step into his second Hunter S. Thompson ('Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas') work on October 28.
- Hole reunited for the first time in 13 years last night for the New Directors/New Films premiere of P. David Ebersole's rock doc 'Hit So Hard.' indieWIRE was on the scene to capture a photo of Courtney Love and co.
- Love also made an appearance at an after party for the premiere of Kelly Reichardt's 'Meek's Cutoff.' Also on hand at the intimate gathering was the film's star, Michelle Williams, and the ever charming Alan Cumming.
- Indie stalwart Steven Soderbergh spoke with aspiring filmmakers last week at the Pratt Institute for their annual President's Lecture Series to dish on what constitutes a successful directing career. Click here to read the best snippets from the talk.
- Newbie director Michael Greenspan caught up with indieWIRE to discuss what it was like working with Oscar-winner Adrien Brody on his first feature 'Wrecked,' which hits theaters Friday.
- indieWIRE got all list-happy today, posting the monthly 8 Films You Must See This Month column and this week's best bets for the Small Screen.
- And in reviews, Eric Kohn offered his takes on Duncan Jones' 'Moon' follow-up, 'Source Code' and the Oscar-winning 'In a Better World.'