AMC and Regal, two of the biggest movie theater chains in the U.S., have joined forces to launch a new film distribution company, Open Road Films, which plans to release eight to 10 wide-release movies each year. Heading up the new venture: Tom Ortenberg, former Lionsgate chief. "With strong support from exhibition we will market and distribute wide-release motion pictures in an effective, cost-efficient manner, playing in all theatre chains across the country," CEO Ortenberg said.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!