In a world where people like Coco can become famous by tweeting pictures of her butt and Paris Hilton rides an almost decade-long reign of fame for doing, well, I'm not sure what she does,it's almost baffling that someone who stars in high-profile movies alongside the likes of Cher, Emma Stone and Robert Pattinson still illicitis a "Who?" if you utter his name.
Clearly Cam Gigandet doesn't know how to properly play the fame game. He's been in a ton of high-profile movies lately, including 'Burlesque,' 'Easy A,' 'Twilight' and this week's 'The Roommate.' And yet he's hardly a household name. Why are so many nobody do-nothings getting so much press (I won't name any names –- cough, cough, 'Teen Mom's, cough, cough, Kardashian family), while Cam is flying so far under the radar? He has all the makings of a media darling, including discernible skills, rock-hard abs and an impish smile. So what gives?
The problem may lie in his down-to-earth lifestyle. Cam appears to be a low-key family man who enjoys spending time with his longtime girlfriend, Dominique, and daughter Everleigh Ray. His drama-free personal life may be great for his mental well-being, but it's certainly not going to land him on any tabloid covers.
To help you out, Cam, here are 20 surefire ways anyone who's halfway famous can boost his profile. If it worked for Tila Tequila, it can work for you. You're an actual movie star! Keep these simple steps in mind if you ever decide to pursue the fame-monster more aggressively. You're welcome.
1. Bust up a high-profile relationship, like Brangelina or Annette Bening and Warren Beatty.
2. Go to space. Or at least talk about doing it, like Justin Timberlake.
3. Pick a public fight with another celebrity. Possibly Chris Brown, possibly Betty White. Beef with him or her constantly on Twitter.
4. Leak a sex tape with an unlikely partner, like Ellen DeGeneres. How could that not get people talking?
5. Say something outrageous on 'The View.' Potential talking point: You think America should ban puppies.
6. Have a wardrobe malfunction on a family-oriented live TV program, like 'Regis & Kelly.'
7. Adopt some children.
8. Romance a cougar. The older, the better. Hello, Jane Fonda and Joan Rivers!
9. Reveal a dark secret on Oprah. Make sure to cry a lot.
10. Call the paparazzi often to alert them of your whereabouts.
11. Stage a fight with a paparazzo, WWE-style. Don't forget to spit in his face and flip him the bird.
12. Announce that you're Oprah's long-lost brother. Or son.
13. Join Charlie Sheen's entourage.
14. Move next door to Samantha Ronson. "Accidentally."
15. Launch your own clothing line.
16. Become a Scientologist.
17. Do a guest spot on 'Glee.'
18. Join the cast of 'General Hospital'. Make sure your character has scenes with Franco (James Franco) to ensure maximum publicity.
19. Get a celebrity pregnant. Good candidates include: Sandra Bullock, Scarlett Johansson and Emma Stone.
20. Become a philanthropist, and hold a press release every time you make a sizable donation. (Wouldn't want your good deeds to go unnoticed!)
Any other tips for Cam? Let us know!