Gregory McDonald's powerfully popular 'Fletch' series spawned a pair of well-regarded Chevy Chase comedies back in the '80s, and it looks like the popular character is poised to make a return. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. and production company Anonymous Content plan to go back to the books and deliver a comedic adventure movie (franchise?) that's a little bit bigger than a Chevy Chase vehicle:
"No writer or director is on board, but Warners and the producers are aiming for a reimagining, not a remake, and hope to make an smart action comedy that plays out on a bigger canvas than the previous movies," says THR. Maybe a 'Bourne'-style flick with less amnesia and more investigative journalism, perhaps.
Starting in 1974, the late Mr. McDonald penned 11 books with titles like "Fletch Won," "Fletch Two," "Fletch's Fortune," and (the final book) "Fletch Reflected," which was published in 1994. Not too long ago, Kevin Smith seemed fairly close to mounting a new rendition of the character, but his colorful plan, which included Jason Lee as the reporter, fell apart.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- 9 Things You Definitely Didn't Know About David Letterman - POPSUGAR
- RIHANNA INTRODUCES 'SECRET GARDEN' FULL-LENGTH DIOR SHORT FILM - Wonderwall
- THE ULTIMATE LIST OF 'SURVIVOR' FUN FACTS - Mandatory
- All the Shirtless Chris Evans Movie Moments You Can Handle - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- GEORGE CLOONEY: THE FAMILY MAN - Wonderwall
- No One on Game of Thrones Has a Worse Love Life Than Sansa Stark - Popsugar
- WET HOT AMERICAN ACTORS: WHAT'S THE CAST BEEN UP TO THE PAST 15 YEARS? - Mandatory