Gregory McDonald's powerfully popular 'Fletch' series spawned a pair of well-regarded Chevy Chase comedies back in the '80s, and it looks like the popular character is poised to make a return. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. and production company Anonymous Content plan to go back to the books and deliver a comedic adventure movie (franchise?) that's a little bit bigger than a Chevy Chase vehicle:
"No writer or director is on board, but Warners and the producers are aiming for a reimagining, not a remake, and hope to make an smart action comedy that plays out on a bigger canvas than the previous movies," says THR. Maybe a 'Bourne'-style flick with less amnesia and more investigative journalism, perhaps.
Starting in 1974, the late Mr. McDonald penned 11 books with titles like "Fletch Won," "Fletch Two," "Fletch's Fortune," and (the final book) "Fletch Reflected," which was published in 1994. Not too long ago, Kevin Smith seemed fairly close to mounting a new rendition of the character, but his colorful plan, which included Jason Lee as the reporter, fell apart.
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory