A recipe for alcoholic Butterbeer. A How-To for throwing your very own, prop-equipped 'Elf' Quote-A-Long. Seasonal beer picks. Recommendations for obscure Christmas movies, including one whose watching experience is, "like snorting a seven-foot line of ground-up human bones while driving an airplane on the freeway." What do all of these things have in common? None other than the Alamo Drafthouse, defenders of a clean, quiet and unique movie theater experience and the founders of both Fantastic Fest and Badass Digest.
Cinematical has teamed up with the best movie theater company in the country to bring you the 2010 Alamo Drafthouse Holiday Guide, a six-part series written by several of the key members of the Drafthouse brand that will help you celebrate this festive season Alamo-style.
- From Executive Chef John Bullington: Recipes for Harry Potter-inspired "Butterbeer" and "Chinese Five Spice Duck with Plum Ginger Sauce" from 'A Christmas Story.'
- From Film Programmers Zack Carlson and Lars Nilsen: Six must-see Christmas movies you're not going to find on TBS.
- From Chief Creative Officer Henri Mazza: The Action-Pack's guide to doing Quote-A-Longs and Sing-A-Longs at home.
- From Mondo Tees Creative Director Justin Ishmael: Picks for his favorite Holiday-themed movie posters.
- From Film Programmer Lars Nilsen: What to play for your pre-show entertainment.
- From Drafthouse Founder & CEO Tim League: A pick for the best beer of the season.
Oh, and in case you're wondering about the picture up top, that's the core Alamo Drafthouse gang posing for their 'Rare Exports'-themed holiday card.