While it would be hard to imagine Scorsese submitting a dull survey, it's nice to see that he's putting his curatorial powers to good use. After Cagney roles like White Heat and The Roaring Twenties, there are a good number of titles you probably wouldn't have heard of otherwise like Pete Kelly's Blues and Force of Evil, which Scorsese says "had as great an impact on me as Citizen Kane or On the Waterfront.". It's also nice to see recognition for already acknowledged (but still hardly mainstream) works like Alberto Lattuada's Mafioso, Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Doulos and especially John Boorman's superlative Point Blank. Check out the list here and get your Netflix queues revved up.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!