With Sunday night's Emmy Awards likely to honor HBO's World War II drama 'The Pacific' as the year's best miniseries (it already won seven Creative Arts Emmy Awards last week), DeadlineHollywood has reported that Warner Bros. has bought 'The Battle of Midway,' a pitch by 'The Pacific's' co-executive producer Bruce C. McKenna. The project, envisioned as a 3D outing (with a $200 million price tag), will be fast tracked by the studio with McKenna expected to turn in a script in eight weeks, according to Deadline.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!