With Sunday night's Emmy Awards likely to honor HBO's World War II drama 'The Pacific' as the year's best miniseries (it already won seven Creative Arts Emmy Awards last week), DeadlineHollywood has reported that Warner Bros. has bought 'The Battle of Midway,' a pitch by 'The Pacific's' co-executive producer Bruce C. McKenna. The project, envisioned as a 3D outing (with a $200 million price tag), will be fast tracked by the studio with McKenna expected to turn in a script in eight weeks, according to Deadline.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!