With Sunday night's Emmy Awards likely to honor HBO's World War II drama 'The Pacific' as the year's best miniseries (it already won seven Creative Arts Emmy Awards last week), DeadlineHollywood has reported that Warner Bros. has bought 'The Battle of Midway,' a pitch by 'The Pacific's' co-executive producer Bruce C. McKenna. The project, envisioned as a 3D outing (with a $200 million price tag), will be fast tracked by the studio with McKenna expected to turn in a script in eight weeks, according to Deadline.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!