With Sunday night's Emmy Awards likely to honor HBO's World War II drama 'The Pacific' as the year's best miniseries (it already won seven Creative Arts Emmy Awards last week), DeadlineHollywood has reported that Warner Bros. has bought 'The Battle of Midway,' a pitch by 'The Pacific's' co-executive producer Bruce C. McKenna. The project, envisioned as a 3D outing (with a $200 million price tag), will be fast tracked by the studio with McKenna expected to turn in a script in eight weeks, according to Deadline.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!