This is an interesting move for Jolie because, as Deadline points out, she doesn't take on assignments until there's a script for her to look at. This suggests that Jolie is forming a relationship with King akin to the one that Martin Scorsese and Leonardo Dicaprio have of late (King produced three of the four recent Dicaprio/Scorsese collabs; everything except Shutter Island). King is certainly a heavy-hitter and it looks like he's trying to make himself out to be the new Hollywood answer to the Weinstein brothers -- the fact that von Donnersmarck was immediately courted after The Lives of Others shows that King felt that he wanted to work with him immediately and the cast behind The Tourist (Jolie, Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Rufus Sewell and Timothy Dalton) shows that King's got pull. I'd be very curious to hear how this project works out as Jolie was terrific in Michael Winterbottom's A Mighty Heart, even if she was wearing brownface.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!