CATEGORIES Horror, Casting, Paramount, Sony, Movie Marketing, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Movie News, Cinematical
- Now that the role of Lisbeth Salander has been filled, the new hot female role for young actresses to contend for is the love interest in Sony's Spider-Man reboot, opposite Andrew Garfield as the web-slinger. Names in the mix for the part, which isn't Mary Jane (!) and unknown to instead be Gwen Stacy, include Emma Roberts, Imogen Poots, Lily Collins, Ophelia Lovibond and Teresa Palmer. Should they just set this in the UK and rename it Spider-Chap?
- Google has been unrepresented in the Social Network parodies, so someone is just going to go ahead and make an actual film about the story of search engine pioneers Sergey Brin and Larry Page based on the book Googled: The End of the World As We Know it. I don't have anything more to say on the idea, but did you know that if you type "Google" into Google you can break the Internet?
- Iron Man and Punisher: War Zone screenwriters Art Marcum and Matt Halloway have another comic book movie to pen: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which Paramount hopes will be its next Transformers-level franchise. Hopefully that doesn't mean Bebop and Rocksteady are being made to be more like Mudflap and Skids. And speaking of TMNT, you really big fans might want to buy this t-shirt.
- In films like Spy Kids Carla Gugino played a mom I'd like to ... nevermind. But in a new movie titled MILF she will be playing an ex-con with children, and that acronym means "mom I'd like to fight."
- Violet & Daisy, the directorial debut of Precious screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher may add Bruce Willis and Danny Trejo. The film, described as "Thelma and Louise meets Superbad with a helping of Pulp Fiction," will star Carey Mulligan and Saiorse Ronan.
- People still go on Chatroulette? I guess at least a few young boys tricked into being marketed to for The Last Exorcism. This is one of my least favorite types of advertising, because those teens whose lust just turned into sexual dysfunctions are likely now not going to see your movie. But it's kinda funny so watch this: