'Star Wars' fans should mark 2011 in their calendar since George Lucas has announced that all six movies of the 'Star Wars' franchise will be available on Blu-Ray next year. Sadly, the original trilogy will consist of the 1997 "special" editions (yes, I'm using the quotes) rather than the actual original movies. In short, Greedo will still shoot first.
For die-hard fans, Lucas is throwing in a few bones. There will be new deleted scenes, including one from 'Return of the Jedi' that is making it's way around the Internet. I'm not sure how I feel about this re-release. On one hand, it would be very cool to own this saga on Blu-Ray. On the other hand, I'd rather have the 'Star Wars' I grew up with before Lucas totally sold out and revealed the hack that he was starting with 'Return of the Jedi.' For details on that, see this interview with former 'Star Wars' producer Gary Kurtz.
Pricing information is currently unavailable, so it will probably be expensive.
- '90s Baseball Movies - Pop Sugar
- 14 TV Deaths We Never Saw Coming - HitFix
- Johnny Depp's Wackiest Movie Looks - Buzz Sugar
- The Best (and Worst) Bible Epics - RottenTomatoes
- 17 Most Memorable 'Mad Men' Moments - HitFix
- Which 'Mean Girls' Character Are You? - Buzz Sugar
- Derek Hough Talks 'Dancing with the Stars' (Video) - Uinterview
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Photos - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Game of Thrones' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly Reteam for Immigration Comedy - Vulture