'Star Wars' fans should mark 2011 in their calendar since George Lucas has announced that all six movies of the 'Star Wars' franchise will be available on Blu-Ray next year. Sadly, the original trilogy will consist of the 1997 "special" editions (yes, I'm using the quotes) rather than the actual original movies. In short, Greedo will still shoot first.
For die-hard fans, Lucas is throwing in a few bones. There will be new deleted scenes, including one from 'Return of the Jedi' that is making it's way around the Internet. I'm not sure how I feel about this re-release. On one hand, it would be very cool to own this saga on Blu-Ray. On the other hand, I'd rather have the 'Star Wars' I grew up with before Lucas totally sold out and revealed the hack that he was starting with 'Return of the Jedi.' For details on that, see this interview with former 'Star Wars' producer Gary Kurtz.
Pricing information is currently unavailable, so it will probably be expensive.
- Bet You Didn't Know All These Actresses Have Famous Dads - POPSUGAR
- Famous People Before They Were Famous - Mom.me
- How to Handle Any Life Situation Like Ari Gold — in GIFs - POPSUGAR
- JENELLE EVANS WANTED BY POLICE FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTACKING NATHAN GRIFFITH - Wonderwall
- THE MOST BIZARRE JOB TITLES ON 'THE BACHELOR' AND 'THE BACHELORETTE' - Mandatory
- 30 New and Returning Shows to Watch This Summer - POPSUGAR
- 11 Celebs Who Married Athletes - Mom.me
- EMILIA CLARKE: I TURNED DOWN FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BECAUSE OF 'AMOUNT OF NUDITY' - Wonderwall
- Before Jurassic World, Revisit Why You Loved Chris Pratt in the First Place - Popsugar
- THE 'TOP GUN' CAST: THEN VS. NOW - Mandatory