'Star Wars' fans should mark 2011 in their calendar since George Lucas has announced that all six movies of the 'Star Wars' franchise will be available on Blu-Ray next year. Sadly, the original trilogy will consist of the 1997 "special" editions (yes, I'm using the quotes) rather than the actual original movies. In short, Greedo will still shoot first.
For die-hard fans, Lucas is throwing in a few bones. There will be new deleted scenes, including one from 'Return of the Jedi' that is making it's way around the Internet. I'm not sure how I feel about this re-release. On one hand, it would be very cool to own this saga on Blu-Ray. On the other hand, I'd rather have the 'Star Wars' I grew up with before Lucas totally sold out and revealed the hack that he was starting with 'Return of the Jedi.' For details on that, see this interview with former 'Star Wars' producer Gary Kurtz.
Pricing information is currently unavailable, so it will probably be expensive.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!