'Star Wars' fans should mark 2011 in their calendar since George Lucas has announced that all six movies of the 'Star Wars' franchise will be available on Blu-Ray next year. Sadly, the original trilogy will consist of the 1997 "special" editions (yes, I'm using the quotes) rather than the actual original movies. In short, Greedo will still shoot first.
For die-hard fans, Lucas is throwing in a few bones. There will be new deleted scenes, including one from 'Return of the Jedi' that is making it's way around the Internet. I'm not sure how I feel about this re-release. On one hand, it would be very cool to own this saga on Blu-Ray. On the other hand, I'd rather have the 'Star Wars' I grew up with before Lucas totally sold out and revealed the hack that he was starting with 'Return of the Jedi.' For details on that, see this interview with former 'Star Wars' producer Gary Kurtz.
Pricing information is currently unavailable, so it will probably be expensive.
- 16 Reasons You Should Take Pride in Being a Miranda - POPSUGAR
- Celeb Parents Look Hot in Towels, Too - Mom.me
- The Outrageous, Bloody, True Story of Lizzie Borden - POPSUGAR
- The Next Ice Bucket Challenge? Find Out Why These Celebrities Are Biting Into Limes - College Candy
- 10 ‘Mad Men’ Facts to Advertise Your Sterling Trivia Knowledge - ScreenCrush
- 21 Reasons You Never Stop Rooting For Arya Stark - POPSUGAR
- 8 Reasons Not to Try the #KylieJennerChallenge - Mom.me
- ‘Daredevil’ Star Charlie Cox Talks Season 2, Black Widow, Bullseye and The Punisher Read More: 'Daredevil' Star Charlie Cox Talks MCU Crossover in Season 2 - Screen Crush
- Everything We Know About the Full House Reboot - Popsugar
- Montage of Heck and the Impossible Kurt Cobain - Vulture