CATEGORIES Documentary, Music & Musicals, Casting, Warner Brothers, Fandom, Peter Jackson, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Trailers and Clips, Trailers and Clips, Cinematical
- Who else wishes the new Julia Roberts movie opening this weekend was called "Eat, Brains, Love" instead of Eat, Pray Love? It could have been directed by Edgar Wright, too. Even those of you looking forward to Scott Pilgrim would've preferred that, right? See the full poster parody here.
- I was literally at Mel Blanc's grave a few days ago and he seemed at peace. But I'm guessing he's rolling around in there now that Warner Bros. has announced a new live-action/CG Bugs Bunny movie being scripted by Elf writer David Berenbaum. Not unless it's directed by Joe Dante and looks nothing like the new computer-animated Looney Tunes shorts, I might be interested. But if this is just another in the tradition of Garfield and Yogi Bear and alters Bugs' look and gets another Ghostbuster to do the voice, it'll be a stinkah, as the iconic Mr. Bunny would say.
- The Playlist shares from an interview in W magazine that Jennifer Lawrence really, really wants the lead role in the adaptation of Lie Down in Darkness that's likely to be Crazy Heart helmer Scott Cooper's next film. Please, give the girl any and every role she wishes. And not just X-Men type stuff, unless she's turned into a real-life female version of Jamie Madrox so she and her multiples can sign on to even more films. She's that great.
- Oh, and lets give Jamie Bell any movie he wants to, especially since he got screwed out of his superhero movie. At least here's a new gig for the actor: he'll costar with Thandie Newton and Cillian Murphy in the virus thriller The Retreat.
- Cum on Quiet Riot fans and feel this noize: a documentary about the metal band is in the works but needs another $12,000 of funding. If you'd be interested in a film about their "rags to riches" story compiled from drummer Frankie Banali's home videos and want to help back the production, head over to filmmaker Regina Russell's Kickstarter page.
- Want Universal Studios to do for Lord of the Rings fans what it's done for the Harry Potter set? The theme park is actually thinking of doing a LOTR attraction if there's enough demand for one.
- Like The Princess Bride and funny cat videos? Then you'll enjoy the weird embedded thing below. It's actually what the Internet was invented for, so lonely dudes can reenact favorite movie scenes with their pets cast in half the roles. Not a bad Billy Crystal impression, either.