CATEGORIES Comedy, Casting, Family Films, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels, Trailers and Clips, Trailers and Clips, Cinematical
- Justin Bieber as Christopher Robin? Zach Galifianakis as Eeyore? That's how Paste sees things in a gallery of Disney characters and the stars who were born to play them in live-action versions. I would definitely see a version of Lady and the Tramp where Lady Gaga plays duel roles as both Siamese cats. Disney if you please...
- Speaking of Galifianakis, here's a real movie he's set to produce and appear in: Reply All, a comedy which will be scripted by Phil Johnston (the upcoming Cedar Rapids). You can guess the plot by the title, I'm sure, but just in case you're one of the few people who's never done this, it involves a personal email reply that accidentally goes out to a whole bunch of people rather than one person.
- Galifianakis' Dinner for Schmucks adversary, Steve Carell, has his own new comedy to produce and star in. It's called Raised by Wolfs, and I will try to guess the plot of this one, too: a guy tries to adapt to normal society after being reared by a crazy family with the last name Wolf.
- Steve Coogan is joining the amazing cast of My Idiot Brother, the Paul Rudd family comedy that already co-stars Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Mortimer, Hugh Dancy, Kathryn Hahn, Rashida Jones, Adam Scott and Chris Pratt (yes, that's three Parks and Recreations actors in a row). Coogan will play a self-righteous documentary filmmaker.
- Pajiba has an update on the Meatballs remake in development at Paramount and being produced by the original's director, Ivan Reitman. Josh Heald (Hot Tub Time Machine) is the latest screenwriter hired to pen a draft with the mission to go broader and more family-friendly, like for the Nickelodeon crowd.
- A little Avengers franchise update: Edgar Wright says his Ant-Man movie won't figure directly into the chronology of the ensemble superhero movie, though the character could possibly appear in Avengers 2. So that's potentially two new characters to add to the second film.
- Ooh, we in the U.S. may finally get to legally see All the Boys Love Mandy Lane after four years.
- Since Syfy has already given us the video (see it below) of the Debbie Gibson vs. Tiffany catfight from Mega Python vs. Gatoroid, is there any reason left to watch the thing when it airs on the cable network?