CATEGORIES Comedy, Foreign Language, Romance, Casting, Remakes and Sequels, Images, Cinematical Indie, Trailers and Clips, Trailers and Clips, Cinematical
- Here comes Johnny Knoxville flying right into your lap in the first publicity photo from Jackass 3D. And are they reenacting Caligula back there?
- The plot of The Hangover 2 will reportedly take the boys to Thailand, likely for some good clean meditation. Or a sexcation. Whatever it is that gets them there, I'm certain someone will be kidnapped, as that's all that ever happens over there in Southeast Asia. Volunteers, Tropic Thunder, etc. It will likely involve Zach Galifianakis mistakenly smuggling opium. Man, why are some movies just so easy to write?
- The dreaded rom-com in which Katherine Heigl plays an immortal has a shortened title, Adaline, and a director, Andy Tennant (The Bounty Hunter; Fool's Gold), which pretty much has killed any iota of interest you had in it, right?
- Of all actresses I'd expect to sign on to work with a filmmaker like Brillante Mendoza, who last year won the Best Director prize at Cannes while the film for which he won, Kinatay, was simultaneously labeled by Roger Ebert the worst ever made, Isabelle Huppert tops the list. And not just because she was on the Cannes jury last year. She'll star in Mendoza's hostage drama Captured, which will shoot next year.
- Am I experiencing deja vu? Didn't we just showcase a trailer starring Ben Affleck and featuring Chris Cooper, thick Boston accents and someone from Man Men? Well here's the second movie in as many weeks that fits that bill to get a great-looking ad. John Wells' Sundance hit The Company Men: