CATEGORIES Action, Drama, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Images, Trailers and Clips, Trailers and Clips, Cinematical
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides releases its first official image. I kind of assumed that by the fourth film, Captain Jack would be involved with grand spectacles at every turn, so it's good to see that he still has time to just hang out on the beach looking like he's wandered onto the set of a commercial for Corona.
- According to Bruce Greenwood, who played Christoper Pike in Star Trek, Star Trek II is set to begin filming this coming January.
- Capcom's Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development (long business card), Christian Svensson, still thinks that Hollywood could do with a few more Street Fighter movies. My love for making drinking games out of bad movies agrees with him.
- Adam McKay tells CHUD that his proposed involvement with an adaptation of Garth Ennis' covert-ops-sometimes-kill-superheroes comic The Boys hinges entirely on whether or not he can get Simon Pegg to star in it. Makes sense considering the main character of the comic, Wee Hughie, is based on Pegg.
- I love it when a film completely flies under my radar. Until watching this trailer, I had no idea that Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman had written a remake of the 2007 Israeli thriller, The Debt. Their attachment alone should have put it on my radar, but even if it hadn't been written by the Kick-Ass team, I should have taken notice of stars Sam Worthington, Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson. Alas it somehow completely escaped me. It's definitely got my attention now, though:
- Pop Crunch has a great list of the "Seven Most Inaccurate Movie Sound Effects", with audio evidence to back up each selection, of course.