We've already mentioned the new Flash Gordon movie that's coming out with Sam Worthington as a possible contender for the lead role. Director Breck Eisner mentions two interesting things in an interview on Blastr.com. First, he wants the new movie to be a franchise (which is understandable) and second, he won't be able to use any material from the 1980's Flash Gordon movie, meaning that nobody will be singing "Flash...ahaa! Savior of the Universe!"
Thankfully, Eisner agrees with most of the Western world when he said that the recent Syfy television version of the series was "total crap." I'm hoping he does the movie in a style similar to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow using that computer-generated retro science fiction look. It would be totally appropriate for Flash Gordon and would distinguish it from the 80's movie.
But if they could somehow get Max Von Sydow to play Ming the Merciless again, that would totally rock.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- 9 Things You Definitely Didn't Know About David Letterman - POPSUGAR
- RIHANNA INTRODUCES 'SECRET GARDEN' FULL-LENGTH DIOR SHORT FILM - Wonderwall
- THE ULTIMATE LIST OF 'SURVIVOR' FUN FACTS - Mandatory
- All the Shirtless Chris Evans Movie Moments You Can Handle - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- GEORGE CLOONEY: THE FAMILY MAN - Wonderwall
- No One on Game of Thrones Has a Worse Love Life Than Sansa Stark - Popsugar
- WET HOT AMERICAN ACTORS: WHAT'S THE CAST BEEN UP TO THE PAST 15 YEARS? - Mandatory