CATEGORIES Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Casting, Deals, Posters, Movie Photos, Movie News, Cinematical
- I really, really do not like the newest trailer for Robert Rodriguez's Machete, but FSR's gallery of its character posters help remind me why I'm looking forward to it.
- Producer Larry Thompson has optioned Kitty Kelley's "tell-all biography" of Oprah Winfrey and is planning on turning it into either a two or four-hour TV movie event. I'm actually kind of surprised that he only paid six figures for the rights.
- Brian Cox has joined James Franco, Frieda Pinto, John Lithgow and Andy Serkis cast in Rise of the Apes. Cox will be playing the cruel owner of a primate sanctuary, which I'm guessing means we can lay blame for the apeapocalypse squarely on his shoulders.
- Walking out of Predators the other day I idly wondered what Predator director John McTiernan was up to these days and why he was no longer making movies. Pleading guilty to two counts of making false statements to the FBI and one count of lying to a judge may have something to do with it. PSA: Don't hire anyone to wiretap for you, it's not going to end well.
- Zac Efron will produce and star in an untitled, description-free comedy written by Jason Filardi set in the workplace. The Hollywood Reporter is pretty light on the details, but I did want to point out that Efron's production company is called Ninjas Runnin' Wild Prods. Yep.
- Haley Joel Osment is set to play a virgin who is stuck teaching sexual education in a comedy called Sex Ed. Relative newcomers Billy Kennedy and Isaac Feder will be writing/directing, respectively. In other news, Haley Joel Osment is still acting.
- Bronson director Nicolas Winding Refn will follow-up his Thai-set Wester Only God Forgives with I Walk With The Dead. When asked what it was about, Refn simply told The Playlist, "So I wrote this story called, 'I Walk With The Dead' and it takes place in Miami and its just going to have a lot of sex in it." You've got to respect a simple plan.