CATEGORIES Action, Drama, Foreign Language, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sony Classics, Fandom, Scripts, Cinematical
- This Human Centipede Cat Toy is 100% medically accurate, just like the movie.
- Sony Pictures Classics has announced its rather impressive schedule for the last half of 2010: Zhang Yimou's remake of the Coen Brothers' Blood Simple , titled A Woman, A Gun And a Noodle Shop, kicks things off on September 3rd, the 22nd brings Woody Allen's You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger, Stephen Frears' Tamara Drewe hits the October 8th, Nigel Cole's Made in Dagenham slots November 19th, Sylvain Chomet's The Illusionist on Christmas Day, and Mike Leigh's Another Year caps things off on December 29th.
- David Cronenberg is attached to direct and adaptation of Jonathan Lethem's novel As She Climbed Across the Table, which is about a man who is in love with a physicist who is in love with the black hole-like doorway she has created in her laboratory.
- Rut-roh: Warner Brothers' thinks that a live-action Akira film must be PG-13. Insert sad emoticon here.
- If you happen to be an Oscar junkie, you may be intrigued to know that Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer will produce next year's ceremony. If you're like the rest of us, this news will mean nothing to you.
- On Friday the Screen Actor's Guild will have the grand opening of their state-of-the-art Don LaFontaine Voice-Over Lab in Los Angeles. Always makes me happy to see someone like LaFontaine be honored this way.
- Heat Vision tells us that Luc Besson is currently shopping around three projects to studios: a "prison-in-space" film called The Lock Out, a Zoe Saldana-starring revenge flick called Colombiana, and an untitled love story. The first two are scripts he just co-wrote, but he's looking to direct the latter. So much for that retirement...
- The Syfy channel is teaming up with IGN to create a crowd-sourced original movie over the next year or so. If my script idea for Mansquito vs. Keyboard Cat isn't picked up, I'm calling shenanigans on the whole thing.
- Fact: It is impossible to watch Leandro Copperfield's Kubrick vs Scorsese tribute video and not want to dive into a weekend-long marathon of both director's careers. Obvious but obligatory warning: NSFW spoilers, language, and violence can be found within.