When Joaquin Phoenix announced he was retiring from acting, that was bizarre. When Leonard Nimoy made his announcement, that was sad but not entirely unexpected. When Robert Pattinson expressed his desire to put away his make-up forever, that brought forth howls of anguish from the faithful. And now Amanda Bynes has indicated that she too will stop acting because she doesn't love it anymore, according to her Twitter account (via E! Online).
Bynes, 24, sprang to fame on Nickelodeon's All That before moving on to star in her own series, The Amanda Show and What I Like About You. She also starred in What a Girl Wants, the Shakespeare adaptation She's the Man, and the modern fairy tale Sydney White, -- all fairly innocuous and forgettable -- and had a supporting role in Hairspray. Her on-screen persona is well-established: bouncy, spunky, peppy, happy, cheerful, likable. She never appears to take herself too seriously in her acting roles, and seems to have avoided any off-screen scandals.
In the post-midnight hours yesterday, Bynes tweeted: "I hate perverted dudes ew" and "I like black men I'm very attracted to them just fyi," among several relationship-oriented messages, and then a couple of hours later noted that she'd never written the parts she appeared it, and only acted as she was directed. "Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem," she observed, and then finally: "I know 24 is a young age to retire but you heard it here first I've #retired." As of now, her last performance has been captured in the comedy Easy A, due out this fall. We wish Ms. Bynes well in her future endeavors, whatever they may be.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!