When Joaquin Phoenix announced he was retiring from acting, that was bizarre. When Leonard Nimoy made his announcement, that was sad but not entirely unexpected. When Robert Pattinson expressed his desire to put away his make-up forever, that brought forth howls of anguish from the faithful. And now Amanda Bynes has indicated that she too will stop acting because she doesn't love it anymore, according to her Twitter account (via E! Online).
Bynes, 24, sprang to fame on Nickelodeon's All That before moving on to star in her own series, The Amanda Show and What I Like About You. She also starred in What a Girl Wants, the Shakespeare adaptation She's the Man, and the modern fairy tale Sydney White, -- all fairly innocuous and forgettable -- and had a supporting role in Hairspray. Her on-screen persona is well-established: bouncy, spunky, peppy, happy, cheerful, likable. She never appears to take herself too seriously in her acting roles, and seems to have avoided any off-screen scandals.
In the post-midnight hours yesterday, Bynes tweeted: "I hate perverted dudes ew" and "I like black men I'm very attracted to them just fyi," among several relationship-oriented messages, and then a couple of hours later noted that she'd never written the parts she appeared it, and only acted as she was directed. "Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem," she observed, and then finally: "I know 24 is a young age to retire but you heard it here first I've #retired." As of now, her last performance has been captured in the comedy Easy A, due out this fall. We wish Ms. Bynes well in her future endeavors, whatever they may be.
- The Many Adorable Faces of Prince George - POPSUGAR
- 4 Reasons I Admire Women With Multiple Baby Daddies - Mom.me
- Go Behind the Scenes of Kendall Jenner's Sexy GQ Photo Shoot - POPSUGAR
- Anna Kendrick Vs. John Krasinski – Who Won The Lip Sync Battle? [VIDEOS] - College Candy
- Full ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Trailer Leaks Online - ScreenCrush
- Ansel Elgort's Date Night With His Girlfriend Will Only Make You Love Him Even More - POPSUGAR
- 10 Hot Reasons Moms Should See 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' - Mom.me
- Watch the New ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Trailer! Read More: The New ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Trailer Has Arrived! - Screen Junkies
- Tatiana Maslany Talks Orphan Black, Clone Origin Stories, and Sarah and Felix’s Incredible Loft - Vulture
- Sarah Jessica Parker Is Returning to HBO and Fictional New York City - Vulture