He hasn't signed on yet, but if Raimi heads to Oz, perhaps he won't end up doing The Hobbit, for which he was thought next in line after Del Toro's departure from that prequel. And perhaps he won't end up doing a World of Warcraft movie either. Fine with me, as I'd rather see what a Raimi-directed Oz movie looks like than let the project fall into the hands of other less visionary directors like Adam Shankman and Timur Bekmambetov, both of whom have been candidates. I'd still prefer del Toro, but this could be the next best option. As a fan of the darker sort of L. Frank Baum adaptations, such as Disney's own Return to Oz, I look forward to something along the tone of the Evil Dead movies. And who wouldn't like to see Bruce Campbell as any number of Oz characters?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!