CATEGORIES Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Deals, Warner Brothers, Exhibition, 20th Century Fox, Movie News, Cinematical
- Has Yoda ever been more badass? No. No he has not. Check out more great (and often NSFW) illustrations at the artist's page. Few others are film based, but if you play WoW or various other fantasy games, you'll want to click that link.
- Warner Brothers has already earned over $1 billion at the international box office (a record pace for any studio) and Inception and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I haven't even come out yet. Take that, global recession!
- Fox has hired Daniel Benmayor to direct and Daniel Casey to write Hitman 2. Because the first one was so great it demanded a sequel from different filmmakers that may not even be able to get back Timothy Olyphant as Agent 47.
- It currently has no title and no plot known, but since he seems like such a great guy it's worth mentioning that actor Andy Serkis will soon be making his directorial debut on a psychological thriller.
- The New York Asian Film Festival, the one film festival I wish I could go to every year (that isn't held in Austin, TX), has announced its 2010 lineup and it is a beaut. Why can't all awesome film festivals be held where I live?
- Mark Romanek's adaptation of Kazu Ishiguro's novel Never Let Me Go is due for a release on October 1st. This will be Romanek's first feature since One Hour Photo.
- Ridley Scott has announced that his Scott Free Productions will be partnering with Symphony 3D , makers of 3D glasses and projection systems, to form Scott Three Productions. I guess Scott really doesn't "give a sh*t" whether 3D films are shot that way or converted from 2D; so long as they're in 3D, he's making money.
- And speaking of 3D glasses, if you're tired of always getting a scratched pair when you go to a theater, $48 bucks for a designer pair may be worth your money.
- Last, but not least, what if Star Wars was a 3D movie from the '50s?