Yeah, and how about Sidney Poitier as Sammy Davis Jr. while you're at it? I don't want to disregard the talents of these actors, but nobody is going to accept them in these roles unless the biopic is done I'm Not There-style and is at least slightly distanced from authenticity from the get-go through aliases and other roman à clef devices. We've already heard the format for Scorsese's film will similarly involve multiple actors playing Sinatra at different points of his life, and formerly there was a report that Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp or George Clooney could fill a younger version of the music and film icon. But the filmmaker doesn't seem interested in something as experimental as that Bob Dylan-based film. The only way I can think of two heavies like Pacino and De Niro being cast is if they're merely cameo appearances at the film's end, after we've watched some unknowns portray Frank and Dino in the rest of the film. Does anyone else think that could work at all?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!