Yeah, and how about Sidney Poitier as Sammy Davis Jr. while you're at it? I don't want to disregard the talents of these actors, but nobody is going to accept them in these roles unless the biopic is done I'm Not There-style and is at least slightly distanced from authenticity from the get-go through aliases and other roman à clef devices. We've already heard the format for Scorsese's film will similarly involve multiple actors playing Sinatra at different points of his life, and formerly there was a report that Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp or George Clooney could fill a younger version of the music and film icon. But the filmmaker doesn't seem interested in something as experimental as that Bob Dylan-based film. The only way I can think of two heavies like Pacino and De Niro being cast is if they're merely cameo appearances at the film's end, after we've watched some unknowns portray Frank and Dino in the rest of the film. Does anyone else think that could work at all?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!