As JoBlo.com points out, the map is especially interesting now that California isn't used so much for film shoots. Whether aided by computer imagery or quicker transportation that gets us to the real locations, filmmakers just don't need that convenience anymore. In a related Tweet, Vince Mancini of FilmDrunk asked the other day, in response to the news that Captain America is filming in England, "tell me, why do people live in L.A. again?" Perhaps this map could be put to some good use today, though. Maybe for low-budget productions without the means to render worlds with CGI or ability to travel all over the world for authenticity? Or perhaps you'd like to employ it for your honeymoon plans. Tell people you went to Malaysia when you really just went to Orange County, and take pictures that don't reveal the difference. Actually, I'm sure in the last 80 years the area has changed enough not to fool people as easily.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!