CATEGORIES Action, Comedy, Deals, Fandom, Scripts, Trailers and Clips, Trailers and Clips, Movie News, Cinematical
- Yes, this is a Star Wars Space Slug oven mitt.
- The award for most unexpected news of the day has to go to Deadline's announcement that Universal will finance and distribute The Man With the Iron Fists, the directorial debut of the RZA. The martial arts film about a blacksmith (also played by RZA) in feudal China will be produced by Eli Roth, who also gave RZA a hand with the most recent draft of the script.
- The first unofficial snaps from the set of Marcus Nispel's Conan film have found their way online. Given their blurry, spy-photo nature, I wouldn't get too excited.
- Vivid Entertainment has announced that beyond Batman XXX: A Porn Parody, they are already working on porn parodies of Superman, Green Hornet, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Thor, the Incredible Hulk, and Howard the Duck. Just kidding about that last one.
- The "Is it or isn't it happening?" saga of Ghostbusters 3 continues. Now Harold Ramis is saying that we will see the film Christmas of 2012. Now we just have to wait a week or two before someone talks to Bill Murray and he says it'll never happen.
-Mandate Pictures has picked up an untitled pitch from Aziz Ansari and Matt Hubbard to be written by Harris Wittels as a film for Ansari to star in alongside Danny McBride. There's no plot yet, but Ansari and McBride together is enough for me to be all aboard it.
- Attention martial arts fans, this trailer for Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen starring Donnie Yen should lodge it on your Must Watch list.
- This Lego'fied version of the Machete trailer is exactly what you expect it to be, which also means it's as NSFW as the film's original trailer is.