CATEGORIES Animation, Casting, Deals, Fandom, Scripts, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Posters, Movie Photos, Movie News, Cinematical
- Yahoo! Movies unveiled the new poster for Jonah Hex today. I always thought you weren't allowed to point a gun at the audience in a poster...I guess a mini crossbow doesn't count?
- DreamWorks Animation has officially announced a sequel to How To Train Your Dragon, pegging down a 2013 release date in the process. Not very many details beyond that.
- MTV receives word from director Adam McKay that the core Anchorman cast, who have almost all gone on to become box office draws in their own regard, are willing to take some pay cuts in order to get Anchorman 2 off the ground. Filming could begin as early as February of 2011.
- Moviefone has a great list of how Robin Hood has been portrayed on film through the ages.
- Scott Cooper, director of Crazy Heart, may end up bringing the famous feud of The Hatfields and the McCoys to the big screen with Robert Duvall and Brad Pitt set to star in said hypothetical film. Eric Roth's script isn't so hypothetical, though, as Duvall called it "excellent" at a recent press junket for Get Low.
- Would you like to take a deep sea ride on Johnny Depp's personal yacht, Vajoliroja? I hope you've got $130,000 to spare.
- Platinum Dunes has paid mid-six figures for the aerial heist film Heatseekers, written by newcomer George Mahaffey. Michael Bay will produce but not direct for producer Arnold Koppelson.
- Would you love to receive a replica of the engagement ring Edward gives Bella in the Twilight series? I know I would!
- And last but not least, here's video of Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr.'s surprise introduction of Iron Man 2 at tonight's fan screening at the Alamo Drafthouse. Oh, and Favreau did indeed end up DJ'ing at the Highball afterward. That man is way too talented.