Over this past weekend at the first hosting of the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (or C2/E2), we heard the tease of the Star Wars films being released in a mega Blu-ray box set. It was one of the few film-related events associated with the midwest's newest precursor to San Diego's Comic Con in July and the Windy City hosting of Wizard World in August. But tying in the comic-intensive expo to the movie world came Dark Horse and Hammer Films, who are collaborating on a series of graphic novels. The first revolves around the U.S. remake of Tomas Alfredson's masterful coming-of-age vampire film, Let The Right One In.
Billed as a companion piece to the new film, Dark Horse Comics is working with writer Marc Andreyko on incorporating "fresh themes" with the story's characters and their mythology. Andreyko, the writer of the current Kate Spencer Manhunter comic, is currently involved with Dark Horse on a Predators series, which serve as a prequel and sequel to this summer's anticipated reboot by Robert Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal.
Writer/director Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) has not-so-lightly hinted that his remake, Let Me In, will be going back to the original John Ajvide Lindqvist novel for themes left unexplored in Alfredson's film. Pretty tall order considering many consider it to be one of the best horror films of (at least) the last decade, due in no small part to how much it packs into little Oskar's journey. Between its themes and Reeves' interpretation of the novel's thematics, what possibly could be in store for the comic? We'll know this October when it is distributed in conjunction with the film's theatrical release. The Road's Kodi Smit-McPhee stars with Kick-Ass' Hit-Girl, Chloe Moretz, in the role of the 12 year-old (looking) vampire.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!