CATEGORIES Action, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Fandom, Scripts, Exhibition, Trailers and Clips, Trailers and Clips, Movie News, Cinematical
- A remake of Stuart Gordon's Robot Jox is not actually in the works, but that's not stopping artist Robert Simons from re-imagining it.
- Corona Coming Attractions has the skinny on the new Riddick movie, which is tentatively titled Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking. They see it as a straight R and call it, "The Road Warrior to Pitch Black's Mad Max; a stripped-down, hard-edge actioner that just happens to take place on a world where there's three moons and mud demons and trisons and two shipfuls of mercs hunting down the galaxy's most wanted man."
- Whole Foods will soon be launching a 15-strong film series called "Let's Retake Our Plates" to help educate consumers that their food choices have an impact on the environment. Any excuse to watch Soylent Green is a good excuse in my book.
- Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are producing an untitled airport-thriller for DreamWorks to be written by Jeremy Slater. Between this and Screen Gems' Quarantine 2, we may be in for a Dante's Peak/Volcano pair of airport-bound doppelgangers.
- Roger Ebert's love for Werner Herzog will have you rearranging your rental queue by the time you're done reading it.
- Will you judge me if I admit I have an addiction to (bad) movies based off fighting games? I got a touch of the shakes when the Tekken trailer hit a while back and now there's a trailer for a King of Fighters movie [via 24FPS]? And it stars Maggie Q?! This is not good for my rehab.