Best Worst Movie has been hailed as the best documentary about the worst movie ever made, Troll 2. In 1990, Troll 2 director Claudio Fragrasso cast a small-town dentist (George Hardy) in the low-budget feature that actually doesn't have any trolls in it, just goblins. Hardy still finds himself signing autographs and attending screenings 20 years after Troll 2 and the doc wraps it all up as a "tender off-beat journey and a genuine homage to lovers of bad movies and the people that create them."
Our own Peter Hall lamented last month that he has yet to see the film, which everyone has been raving about and our own Editor-in-Chief actually stars in (go go gadget Weinberg!). I share the same sentiment as Peter and have yet to see the documentary from director Michael Stephenson, but will hopefully be able to catch in May when it arrives in New York City. Keep track of theater listings on the official movie website and let us know if you see any "trolls" in your future.
Best Worst Movie will open in the following markets with additional cities to be announced:
* April 23 - Austin, Alamo Drafthouse
* May 14 - New York City, Village East Cinema
* May 21 - Los Angeles, Landmark Nuart
* June 4 - San Francisco, Landmark Lumiere
* June 4 - Berkeley, Landmark Shattuck
* July 2 - Washington D.C., Landmark E Street Cinema
* July 16 - St. Louis, Landmark Tivoli
* July 23 - Atlanta, Landmark Midtown Art Cinema