CATEGORIES Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Casting, Deals, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels, Movie News, Cinematical
-I'm sure someone will dig this Pulp Fiction wallpaper. If so, grab it right here in 1920x1200.
- Vincenzo Natali, whose creature feature Splice will be in theaters this summer, is considering directing either High Rise, a very interesting sci-fi book by J.G. Ballard, or a Swamp Thing film. I'm pulling for the former, if only because it will finally give me a film to pair up with Hellevator.
- Latino Review predicted it a few days ago and now Jan Favreau has confirmed it (via Twitter, of course); Harrison Ford will indeed be in Cowboys and Aliens.
- Kevin Dunn and Julie White, also known as Ron Witwicky and Judy Witwicky, will be returning for Transformers 3, though there's no word on whether or not the pot brownies from part 2 will return. If this information surprises you, I have a rich Nigerian uncle who has left me a huge inheritance, I just need you to...
- Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, the first animated film based on the beloved puzzle game for the Nintendo DS, will be getting a DVD and Blu-ray release in the Western hemisphere this September. Okay, so it's in England, but hey, I'm sure that won't stop lovers of Layton.
- Just a heads up that Moviefone's Movie Club selection this week was the much-maligned remake of Clash of the Titans. Check out the discussion, in which they also cover many comparisons to the 1981 original flick, over yonder.
- If you've got a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket - and who doesn't during these booming economic times? - Propworx has just opened up their official auction site for Iron Man props/replicas.
- Akiva Goldsman, a man who once wrote the words "Ice to meet you," into a script, is one of two people producing a PG-13 remake of Troma Film's The Toxic Avenger. The only good to come of this news is the boom in people linking up old Troma videos on YouTube. This CNN story about the studio is my favorite:
- And speaking of Troma, without those adventurous, ruffian filmmakers, would The Asylum exist? I don't even want to ponder a terrible world without gems like Mega Piranha (you'll probably need to disable AdBlock or similar extensions to watch this awesome trailer).