Here are 5 ideas for your shindig: Twifans who will be at one of the many 'New Moon' DVD midnight launch parties tonight will no doubt spend the weekend neglecting their partners, their children, their school work and their general state of being. Instead of enjoying the outdoors or visiting their grandmothers, they'll be glued to the flat screen, watching the trials and tribulations of Edward, Bella and Jacob. And, of course, hosting a fangtabulous 'New Moon' viewing party.
Here are 5 ideas for your shindig:
1. Everyone must be dressed appropriately, of course. Have all your guests arrive as their favorite 'New Moon' character. If you have guys coming, and they have hot abs, encourage them to come as the Wolf Pack. If they don't have hot abs, encourage them to come as the Volturi (many layers of clothing). Ladies, here's a guide on how to do your makeup like a Cullen sister, from the film's own designer.
2. Create some interesting photo-ops for you and your guests. Pick up Bella's bedding set at the same place Charlie did: Target. "You like purple, right?" Then bring your Jacob and Edward cardboard cutouts out from their special hiding place, and take turns posing with them on the purple bed. No one will think this is weird. Really.
3. Make sure you have food fit for a Twi-Hard. Pick up some red wine from Montepulciano (the real Italian town where 'New Moon's' Volterra scenes were filmed), and make some giant muffins -- like the ones Emily made for Embry and Jared. For dessert, nothing beats some 'New Moon' chocolate.
4. Gotta have party games. You can make up your own trivia game (just Google 'new moon trivia' and you'll have plenty of trivia lists), or pick up the 'New Moon' Board Game. Make sure you've got some good 'New Moon' booty to give the winners!
5. Have everyone bring their 'New Moon' figurines and re-enact some of the scenes from the movie. You may have to borrow some Barbie dolls for the characters who weren't lucky enough to get a figurine. Isn't this more fun than playing by yourself?
Now you are ready to watch the movie. Bring out the tissue box, light some candles and cuddle up to your Edward or Jacob Manllow. Let the howling and the hissing begin!
Myriam Gabriel-Pollock is also the Twilight Superfan on MSN.