According to the LA TImes 24 Frames blog, the front runner for the lead role this time is Russell Crowe. And the woman who's on the way up as her husband is on the way down may be Beyonce Knowles, who has been interested in an A Star is Born remake for some time. The L.A. Times article seems to assume that the characters will be musicians, as in the 1976 version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson, especially with Beyonce on board. If you think Crowe is an odd choice to step into Kristofferson's shoes, remember that the Gladiator actor has also pursued a career as a musician in the past few years. Jeff Bridges' recent success in a similar role in Crazy Heart may also be an incentive both to Crowe and to Warners to get this project moving. Do you think Crowe and Beyonce would have good on-screen chemistry together?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!