[Welcome to the Sci-Fi Lunch Break, where we'll be occasionally supplying you with a cool bit of audio/visual goodness to break up the monotony of the work day. You bring the turkey on rye, we'll bring you something out of this world to watch while you eat it.]
There are a lot of life lessons to be learned from this commercial for Pepsi/Alien 3 that aired during the 1992 MTV Movie Awards:
- If you thought something was cool when you were 12, it won't be cool again for at least another 15 years. Unless we're talking about grunge fashion, in which case, it will never be cool again.
- Don't try to hide from a xenomorph in a barrel, you stupid idiot.
- Pepsi machines cannot be destroyed. They instantly heal from inexplicable explosions and tail swipes from lethal extra-terrestrials.
- If Ripley was a better hostess, she would have offered the Nostromo's guest an ice cold Pepsi and saved a lot of lives in the process.
- Jeremy Davies (Faraday from LOST) doesn't think he's from around here.