The Company Men
Three corporate executives (Ben Affleck, Tommy Lee Jones and Chris Cooper) suddenly find themselves jobless and reevaluating their lives. The trailer has no dialogue but presumably the performers (which also includes Kevin Costner) will sell this one. No release information yet.
We've finally got a trailer for the new feature version of the 80s TV series. Liam Neeson plays team leader Hannibal, a role created by George Peppard. The nostalgia factor is lost on me. To this day every time I hear the A-Team theme I get a compulsive urge to change the channel. The action scene near trailer's end is an eye catcher, but nothing else here does much for me. This one hits on June 11.
Danish film about a disgraced cop assigned to a remote town where strange things happen. On the surface this seems like a repurposed plot from Hot Fuzz, but there's more going on in this dark little thriller. The film is subtitled, so don't expect a large U.S. release, but it starts a limited run on February 5.
There's no actual red band at the opening of this steamy trailer, but it's certainly earned one. Julianne Moore plays a woman who hires a beautiful young call girl named Chloe to test the resolve of the husband she believes to be cheating on her but things soon get out of hand. Watch for this one on March 19.
The Ghost Writer
Ewan McGregor plays a ghost writer working for a former British Prime Minister played by Pierce Brosnan in this political thriller. Not sure if the fact that this was directed by Roman Polanski will help or hinder it at the box office. This will be out some time in 2010.
New this week on AOL Moviefone:
- Fish Tank - British film about a teenage girl locked in a love triangle with her mother and her mom's new boyfriend.
- Knight and Day - Tom Cruise plays a spy in this over the top action comedy.
- A Film With Me In It - Two flatmates in Ireland are afraid the will me charged with murder for the accidental deaths in their home so they set about disposing of the bodies in this dark comedy.
- Cop Out - Kevin Smith directs and Bruce Willis stars in this comedy about two cops tracking down a valuable baseball card.
- She's Out Of My League - An airport security guard falls for a gorgeous blonde who, as the title points out, is out of his league.
- The Red Riding Trilogy - Three films based on the investigation into the real life Yorkshire Ripper.
- Repo Men - Forest Whitaker and Jude Law play repo men who take back people's artificial organs when they fall behind on the payments.