CATEGORIES Golden Globes NewsWhat's the best part of the Golden Globes? It's not the dresses, or the speeches, or the tributes ... or, frankly, which movies and actors actually win. Nope, for some of us, the best part of the Golden Globe Awards is the drinking.
Instead of being chained to theater seats like at the Oscars, celebs at the Globes sit around tables eating, imbibing, snarking and generally acting like boozed-up guests at a really fun wedding. This makes for a relaxed atmosphere and priceless awkward moments. (In fact, we're pretty sure that most of these Golden Globes memorable moments involved alcohol somehow.)
So why let the celebrities have all the fun? Take our Golden Globes drinking game while you're watching the show, and you're sure to be at least as trashed as Colin Farrell by the end of the night.
Disclaimer: We here at Moviefone do not condone drinking to excess. Kids, don't try this at home if you are under 21 or have some kind of liver problem. Please drink responsibly. And don't forget to have water.
The Golden Globes airs on NBC at 8PM ET / 5PM PT; check out our Golden Globes hub for real-time updates to our Globes winners list, live red carpet photos and much more.
- Drink every time a celebrity is seen on camera taking a drink.
- Drink every time host Ricky Gervais uses a really British word, like "chap," "crikey" or "bloody."
- Make the person to your left drink every time Ricky Gervais makes a fat joke about himself.
- Drink if Ricky Gervais references 'Pants on the Ground' in his monologue. And put your pants on the ground.
- Drink three times (twice for Conan, once for Jay) if Ricky Gervais snarks on NBC's late-night wars in his monologue. Drink only once if his joke seems tamed down for the censors at NBC.
- Drink every time someone can't read the teleprompter.
- Every time two presenters engage in awkward scripted banter, drink from your neighbor's drink.
- Drink every time a winner is announced and you picked wrong in your Golden Globes pool.
- Drink every time a winner thanks God. (Optional: Make the sign of the cross.)
- Chug the rest of your drink with every mention of 'The Hangover.'
- Yell "Basterds!" every time there's a shot of Quentin Tarantino.
- If a celebrity is caught in the bathroom when his/her name is called (a la Christine Lahti), drink enough to have to go to the bathroom.
- Drink for two (i.e., twice) if a winner forgets to thank his or her significant other.
- If the producers show a clip of Brad Pitt in 'Inglourious Basterds' and then pan to Jennifer Aniston, you must drunk-text an ex.
- Chug every time someone references Mariah Carey's drunken speech at the Palm Springs Film Festival.
- If James Cameron wins Best Director and yells, "I'm king of the world / Pandora / the Na'vi / all y'all," stand on a piece of furniture (a chair will do) with arms upraised. Then drink something blue.
- If Christoph Waltz wins Best Supporting Actor for 'Inglourious Basterds,' chug a glass of milk.
- Every time the camera pans to Zach Galifianakis, call the person next to you a "rah-tard." The last person to do so has to take a shot of Jagermeister.
- Drink and then sing the refrain of 'Don't Stop Believin' whenever 'Glee' wins an award.
- If Meryl Streep wins:
-- Take a shot for every actress she mentions lovingly by name in her category.
-- Double shot for anyone she forgets.
-- Chug a pint of beer if after mentioning actresses, she circles back to herself and gloats that she's the best of them all.
- If Sandra Bullock wins:
-- Quote a line from one of her movies. Whoever can't think of one has to take a shot.
- Pour a sip out for Brittany Murphy and all of the celebs who have passed on during the death montage.
- Give your best drunk mock acceptance speech at the end of the night if you win your party's pool. And don't forget to thank Moviefone.