Who doesn't love a good entendre? Somewhere inside all of us is a dirty mind that can't help but produce a little giggle the moment the second grader in us comes upon something that just appears a little forbidden. Don't deny it. You know you used to huddle around the dictionary looking up swear words and had to cover your mouth during sex education. Even today you likely can't help but snicker at car commercials announcing the brand new Super Duty. Words in print mean one thing but saying them out loud can mean something completely different. And funnier.
Throughout the year film critics write a lot and "entertainment reporters" say a lot - the latter sometimes without really thinking. It's easy to slip up and not notice how it will read in or out of context. Then again, some may be well aware and are just far more mature than the rest of us. I bet those with a sense of humor will get a kick out of their words coming back to haunt them, filtered through the minds of those who laugh uncontrollably at the word "poop." So get ready, put on your doody caps and enjoy the 15 dirtiest quotes seen on movie ads in 2009.
15. Sacha Baron Cohen is, without doubt, the ballsiest comic of his generation... (Bruno) - David Ansen
14. Full of tart dialogue and unlikely coupling and triplings that only a prude wouldn't enjoy! (Whatever Works) – Karen Dublin
13. Full-blown movie magic! (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) - Clay Smith
12. Women In Trouble is pure pleasure. (Women In Trouble) - Washington Post
11. Assured and well-oiled entertainment... (The Girl From Monaco) - Roger Ebert
10. It's a pleasure to watch Amy Adams and Emily Blunt at work. (Sunshine Cleaning) – Leonard Maltin
9. Be ready: This movie will take a piece out of you. (The Boys Are Back) - Peter Travers
8. Soderbergh is in full control and Matt Damon is on fire. (The Informant) - David Denby
7. Deliciously cheeky! This will charm your pants off! (Easy Virtue) – Ella Taylor, Village Voice
6. Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and food - an irresistible combination. (Julia & Julia) - Caryn James, Marie Claire
5. It's hard not to feel the love. (Pirate Radio) - Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
4. ...It's an Altmanesque ensemble that whizzes around the French capital. (Paris) - Kevin Maher, The Times of London
3. It does get loud, but, far more important, it gets deep. (It Might Get Loud) - Anthony DeCurtis
2. The humor may sting, but the pain is worth the pleasure. It is a treat to watch Biel and Thomas go at it! (Easy Virtue) – Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
1. I got my money's worth. An elegant piece. (The Girlfriend Experience) – John P. McCarthy, Boxoffice
And if you want to know more about the year in quotes, head on over to the Criticwatch round-up over at eFilmCritic.