Emma Watson earned her place in the latest edition of The Guinness Book of World Records by becoming the biggest-grossing female actress of the last decade. While she may not be headlining her own films in the same way as Julia Roberts or Angelina Jolie, Watson's appearances as Hermione Granger in six Harry Potter installments have grossed an amazing $5.4 billion worldwide.
This doesn't exactly prove that Watson is a bankable movie star, only that she was cast in just the right role in just the right franchise at just the right time. It will be interesting to see how the Potter cast fares post-Potter, as the last two films in the series see release in the next two years. Watson has speculated in the past that she might even leave acting behind forever after Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 wraps.
Rounding out second-place is Watson's Harry Potter co-star Dame Maggie Smith -- not exactly the name that comes to mind when you think about blockbuster box-office drawing power.
- Cinderella's Dazzling Pictures Will Take Your Breath Away - POPSUGAR
- Netflix and Judd Apatow Are Making a New Pee-wee Herman Movie - Vulture
- Lady Gaga's 'Sound of Music' Tribute Made the Oscars Worth Watching - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailers: 'Dumb and Dumber To' - ScreenJunkies
- 11 'This Is Spinal Tap' Facts - ScreenCrush
- Christina Aguilera's Britney Spears Impression Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- Behind-the-Scenes Oscar-Party Timeline - Vulture
- 40 Books Becoming Movies in 2015 - POPSUGAR
- The Best 'Parks and Recreation' Drinking Moments - Vulture
- Here's an Amazing Dark and Gritty 'Power Rangers' Reboot - ScreenCrush