Emma Watson earned her place in the latest edition of The Guinness Book of World Records by becoming the biggest-grossing female actress of the last decade. While she may not be headlining her own films in the same way as Julia Roberts or Angelina Jolie, Watson's appearances as Hermione Granger in six Harry Potter installments have grossed an amazing $5.4 billion worldwide.
This doesn't exactly prove that Watson is a bankable movie star, only that she was cast in just the right role in just the right franchise at just the right time. It will be interesting to see how the Potter cast fares post-Potter, as the last two films in the series see release in the next two years. Watson has speculated in the past that she might even leave acting behind forever after Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 wraps.
Rounding out second-place is Watson's Harry Potter co-star Dame Maggie Smith -- not exactly the name that comes to mind when you think about blockbuster box-office drawing power.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- What the Mad Men Stars Are Doing Next - POPSUGAR
- LINDSAY LOHAN'S LEGAL WOES - Wonderwall
- 20 MOVIES YOU WON'T BELIEVE ARE 20 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR - Mandatory
- What's The Deal With Grayscale? Let's Investigate - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- CELEBS POSTING ABOUT #REDNOSEDAYUSA ON SOCIAL MEDIA - Wonderwall
- The Top 10 Goodbyes to David Letterman - Popsugar
- THE TOP 10 FILMS THAT RUINED THEIR FILM FRANCHISE - Mandatory