In the scene, which you can watch via YouTube after the jump, Rob (John Cusack) is ruminating about whether he should visit his five major ex-girlfriends in order to get some perspective on his recent break-up with Laura (Iben Hjejle). As Rob lies on his bed considering the idea, he imagines Bruce Springsteen giving him advice. Happily, we get to see and hear The Boss himself, strumming his guitar as he speaks. It's a low-key moment, nothing flashy, and maybe that's why it's so effective. A few lesser-known musicians have brief walk-ons or appear in bands in High Fidelity, and of course this is Jack Black's breakout film as an actor, but Springsteen's cameo was an instant classic. I believe this is the only narrative feature film in which the musician has appeared -- correct me if I'm wrong.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!