In the scene, which you can watch via YouTube after the jump, Rob (John Cusack) is ruminating about whether he should visit his five major ex-girlfriends in order to get some perspective on his recent break-up with Laura (Iben Hjejle). As Rob lies on his bed considering the idea, he imagines Bruce Springsteen giving him advice. Happily, we get to see and hear The Boss himself, strumming his guitar as he speaks. It's a low-key moment, nothing flashy, and maybe that's why it's so effective. A few lesser-known musicians have brief walk-ons or appear in bands in High Fidelity, and of course this is Jack Black's breakout film as an actor, but Springsteen's cameo was an instant classic. I believe this is the only narrative feature film in which the musician has appeared -- correct me if I'm wrong.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!