The Lovely Bones
In this new film from Peter Jackson a young girl is murdered and watches from the afterlife as her family struggles to come to terms with her death and to find her killer. Based on a bestselling book and starring Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz and Susan Sarandon, this one hits theaters on December 11.
The Boys Are Back
Clive Owen plays a man whose wife dies suddenly and he finds himself the single father of a young boy and a teenager from a previous marriage. This one gets a limited release on September 25.
The Blind Side
Sandra Bullock stars in this film based on a true story about a well to do white family that takes in an African-American teenage boy and helps him reach his potential as a football player. Watch for this one on November 20.
We've got us a redband trailer for Woody Harrelson's zombie killing horror comedy chock full of all the gore, profanity and skin that you could want out of a red band trailer. The dead will rise on October 9.
The Open Road
Jeff Bridges plays a man journeying to see his estranged wife before she undergoes heart surgery. He makes the trip by car with his equally estranged son played by Justin Timberlake. The trip starts on August 28.
As the title implies, synopsizing this comedy is a little tricky. Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin divorce after he has an affair with a younger woman, but once he's remarried Streep and Baldwin have an affair with each other while she catches the eye of Steve Martin. The tangled web begins to weave on Christmas Day.
New this week on AOL Moviefone:
- Grace - When a woman's baby dies in utero she still insists on carrying it to term. When the child is born she somehow wills the tiny corpse to life, but as you can imagine something isn't quite right with baby Grace.
- I Sell the Dead - On the eve of his execution a nineteenth century grave robber tells the tale of his exploits unearthing the undead.
- Despicable Me - A super villain who is preparing to steal the moon is distracted when he must care for three orphans in this 3-D animated feature.
- Good Hair - Chris Rock hosts this comic documentary about how hairstyles effect the black community.
- Still Walking - Japanese language film in which a family reunites on the anniversary of a son's death.
- The Baader Meinhof Complex - Based on true events, this film looks at terrorism in Germany in the 1970s.
- Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant - A teenage boy runs away and joins a vampire circus.