It's that time again -- time to throw down a comment and potentially win a pair of tickets to an advanced screening of a film that's slowly turning up the heat. Cinematical has been handed 10 pairs of tickets to a super secret advanced screening of Julie & Julia in New York City on Monday, August 3rd. The film, which stars Amy Adams and Meryl Streep, follows the lives of two aspiring cooks trying to find purpose in their lives: Julie Powell and the legendary Julia Child. Based on two bestselling novels, Powell's "Julie & Julia" and "My Life in France," by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme, Julie & Julie intertwines the lives of these women through their ups and downs as each targets their own passion with fearless determination and pride.
As with our other ticket contests, all you need to do is leave us a comment telling us why you'd like to go see Julie and Julia in New York City on Monday, August 3rd. You have until Thursday July 30th at 5pm to enter a comment. We'll then randomly choose 10 commenters, and each will receive one pair of tickets to the screening. In order to enter, you will need to live in and around the New York City area, and you will also need to provide your own transportation to and from the theater.
For official rules, head after the jump. Julie and Julia hits theaters nationwide on August 7.
Oh, and Bon Appetite!
1. To enter, please leave one comment stating why you want to see Julia and Julie at an advanced special screening in New York City on Monday, August 3rd.
2. Please make sure you have an active and valid email address in the email field when leaving your comment. You may only enter once and you must be 18 or over to enter.
3. Comments must be made no later than 5PM EST on Thursday, July 30 2009.
4. Cinematical will randomly choose 10 commenters. They will then be contacted via email for their full name and will be placed on a list at the door with seats roped off for them inside the theater. Winners will be told the location of the theater when contacted
5. Winners will receive one pair of tickets (2 tickets total) to the advanced Julie and Julia screening.
Read the official rules for this contest