-- Did you know Starz was getting ready to premiere a new show called Spartacus: Blood and Sand? No, it's not Sparta or anything (it actually takes place in Rome and follows the city's most famous gladiator), though the brand new trailer totally looks like Ridley Scott's Gladiator ... if Zack Snyder directed it instead. Seriously, the thing has such a 300 vibe that for a second I thought it was from the same team, but it's not. Know who's behind this? Sam Raimi. Yup, it's Raimi, Rob Talpert (Drag Me to Hell) and Steven S. DeKnight (Smallville) executive producing, while Lucy Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess), Peter Mensa (300) and Erin Cummings (Dollhouse) star. The show itself looks bloody, vicious and pretty awesome, especially for those who dug the violence overload in 300.
Watch the trailer after the jump and let us know what you think ...
Also on TV Squad:
- Here's a panel report for Battlestar Galactica: Caprica - The Plan
- The Dexter season four trailer debuted at Con alongside news of an animated series
- A new Chuck poster was also unveiled (see to the right)
- All kinds of Smallville rumors claim they'll finally reveal the full-on Superman suit while at Con.
- Here's a Robot Chicken panel report
- Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku talk Dollhouse\
- Here's a preview of Star Wars Saturday, where some suggest George Lucas will reveal new details about the guarded live-action series.
- Farscape cast reunites to promote new DVD
- Eureka books a fourth season