Welcome to Captain's Log -- your (semi) daily round-up of sci-fi randomness from around the web. Here's what's happening today:
- AICN has a list of the added/reworked scenes from Zack Snyder's Watchmen Director's Cut. It features a lot more dialogue and violence than the theatrical version. Surprise!
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosarus earned $13.8 million Wednesday, taking the top box office spot from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Maybe next time Michael Bay will deliver the Dinobots instead of close-ups of John Turturro's ass and giant Decepticon balls.
- You know the Beyond Thunderdome-esque get-up Mickey Rourke is wearing in that Iron Man 2 set photo? Turns out that's probably only for an early scene. Rourke will be outfitted in more imposing Crimson Dynamo/Whiplash armor later on in the movie.
More sci-fi awesomeness after the jump.
- Here's another Marvel movie rumor: Jessica Biel might join the Thor movie as the Thunder God's love interest.
- The Farscape Complete Series Megaset -- yes, that's what they're calling it -- drops on DVD this November. Show creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and stars Ben Browder and Claudia Black will be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con to talk about the show.
- Sony says the Green Hornet movie won't be in theaters until July 9, 2010. The superhero flick's original release date of June 25 will go to the Adam Sandler/Chris Rock buddy comedy Grown Ups.
- Resident Evil 4 might take place in Tokyo. And it might be called Resident Evil: Afterlife. Does that make you want to watch it? How 'bout this: Milla Jovovich might return to kill zombies as multiple Alice clones.
- Looking for something to do this holiday weekend? Why not spend some time with the devil's daughter in Point Pleasant? Chiller will run a marathon of the short-lived supernatural thriller starting Saturday at 11 a.m.
- And finally ... SciFi Wire counts down the "Most Partirotic Sci-Fi Movie and TV Moments" Here's one that didn't make the list: