CATEGORIES Features, Movie News, News/Reactions, Blog Roundup, Discussion Posts, 'Fone Finds, Sci-Fi
Welcome to Captain's Log -- your (semi) daily round-up of sci-fi randomness from around the web. Here's what's happening today:
- Cloverfield director Matt Reeves talks about adapting the Swedish vampire flick Let the Right One In for American audiences. He promises not to turn it into Twilight.
- What's Joseph Gordon-Levitt got to say about the G.I. Joe movie? "[It] has nothing to do with reality. It's really just about being an archetype." Excited yet?
- The Internets apparently chose Terminator's Summer Glau and Smallville's Kristin Kreuk as the top contendors to take over Angelina Jolie's job in the Tomb Raider franchise. I think the two geek-friendly stars should settle this with a televised cage match.
More sci-fi awesomeness after the jump
- Ghostbusters is 25 years old. Is it the greatest film ever made? Speaking as a kid who made his own proton pack outta cardboard and old light bulbs, you bet your ass it is! GB extra: What would the Ghostbusters look like if they showed up on The Simpsons?
- Listen up, Michael Bay. We definitely DO NOT want to see more of this guy and less of Megan Fox in the next Transformers movie.
- Are you a LEGO robot geek? Then LEGO wants you to help them design their next line of robotoys.
- Q was probably the only guy on Star Trek: The Next Generation who was able to match wits with Captain Picard. Find out how he did teaching a bunch of high school students.
- And finally ... Another great geek debate: Watch Chud's Devin Faraci vs. Cinematical's Todd Gilchrist on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.