CATEGORIES Features, Movie News, News/Reactions, Blog Roundup, Discussion Posts, 'Fone Finds, Sci-Fi
Welcome to Captain's Log -- your (semi) daily round-up of sci-fi randomness from around the web. Here's what's happening today:
- Here's more evidence of Robert Downey Jr's awesomess: The dude reportedly saved an extra from rampaging robots on the set of Iron Man 2 over the weekend.
- Michael Bay' second Transformers movie made $201.2 million, the second-largest amount over a five-day period after The Dark Knight. Also, it's awfulness made me sterile.
- A sci-fi-tinged comedy with Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, Louis C.K., Jennifer Garner and starring/written/co-directed by Ricky Gervais? You must watch the trailer for The Invention of Lying and read more after the jump:
- The chances of Ron Moore's Virtuality surviving past the summer have been shot out the airlock. Fox will never pick it up with ratings this low. Did you miss Friday's premiere? Watch it on Hulu.
- Here's an interview with Buffy's Amber Benson. She talks about her new sf novel and assures readers that, "Yeah, I'm a geek (laughs). I read sci-fi and I watch sci-fi films. I love my computer and I love to fix it."
- Stan Lee's cameo in Iron Man 2, and in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, are revealed.
- Apparently, the Internets does not want a remake of An American Werewolf in London.
- SciFi Channel will officially change its name to Syfy on July 7 during the premiere of Warehouse 13. Got an opinion or a question about the shift? Talk to a network exec.
- Turns out Noah Wyle does have half a brain. He officially singed on to play the lead in Steven Spielerg's alien-invasion pilot for TNT.
- Here's a preview of the Watchmen Blu-ray's "Maximun Movie Mode" which features Zack Snyder talking at you and standing in front of scenes while the film plays.
- And finally ... Megan Fox ... is a nerd?