Well before he directed big flicks like Top Gun, Crimson Tide, and Man on Fire, Tony Scott helmed a rather odd 'n' sexy horror film called The Hunger. Starring Susan Sarandon, Catherine Deneuve, and David Bowie, it dealt with bloodsuckers, night clubs, and rather overt lesbianism. (Despite all that, I'm not a big fan of the film.)
But I guess Tony Scott still is, because according to Shock, the filmmaker is now talking about a sequel. (Just so you know, The Hunger came out in 1983 ... and I'd love to know who exactly is clamoring for a follow-up.) Unlikely that Mr. Scott would deign to direct a sequel like this one, but here's what he told Coming Soon / Shock: "I'm not going to tell you how we're doing it, but I'm controlling it and it's gone to the next level. It's not a reinvention or reinterpretation, it starts in New York and it ends up in Sao Paulo, so it's a very different movie, but it springboards off the original." And it looks like Secretary screenwriter Erin Wilson is on the case.
More on this one as it comes up.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!