CATEGORIES Fandom, Home Entertainment, Trailers and Clips, Features, Trailers and Clips, Cinematical
Above: MTV revealed the first clear shot of The Fallen in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Oh, admit it -- you totally watched the MTV Movie Awards last night because you're secretly obsessed with Robert Pattinson and you knew they'd be overdosing on the poor guy since MTV is fastly becoming the All Twilight Network. In case you missed some (or all) of the action, here are the new clips they aired, as well as a little of the show itself.
First up is that clip from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. MTV took it down for some reason, but Trailer Addict has it up in decent quality. Essentially, Sam and Mikaela are hiding from a whole fleet of Decepticons, and when Sam destroys some weird looking mosquito/satellite bot, all hell breaks loose. Check it out below.
Head after the jump for much more ...
Next up is a clip from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which looks like it may sport a few cool action sequences, but the acting looks terrible. Maybe that's the point, though -- I still haven't been able to get a good read on this flick. Are they going for that campy tone? Are they trying to be serious and it's coming off campy? And why do they keep shoving those weird robotic suits down our throats in every preview? Can we see a scene where the characters don't look like rejected Robocops? Eh ... check it out below.
And here's a clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. No need for an explanation -- it's Potter, he's back.
Here's a new trailer for the Michael Mann-directed Public Enemies, starring Johnny Depp as notorious criminal John Dillinger and Christian Bale as the FBI agent in charge of tracking him down.
Oh, and you know you want to watch that Sacha Baron Cohen/Eminem stunt again. For those who didn't see it yet, Cohen flew in to introduce an award as his alter-ego Bruno, only there was a technical difficulty and his bare ass landed right in Eminem's face. Was it planned? Probably. Did it go a little farther than what Eminem was expecting? Most definitely. Check it out below ..
And I had to include this Ben Stiller tribute, which mocked the Academy Awards' actor and actress award intros ... simply because Kiefer Sutherland is an absolute riot.
Oh, and here's the winners list in case you're actually interested in the bogus awards (most of which went to Twilight, surprisingly):
BEST MOVIE (voting stays live throughout the 2009 Movie Awards ceremony)
- Twilight -- WINNER
- The Dark Knight
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Iron Man
- Slumdog Millionaire
BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
- Angelina Jolie - Wanted
- Anne Hathaway - Bride Wars
- Kate Winslet - The Reader
- Kristen Stewart - Twilight -- WINNER
- Taraji P. Henson - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
- Christian Bale - The Dark Knight
- Robert Downey Jr. - Iron Man
- Shia LaBeouf - Eagle Eye
- Vin Diesel - Fast & Furious
- Zac Efron - High School Musical 3: Senior Year -- WINNER
BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE FEMALE
- Amanda Seyfried - Mamma Mia!
- Ashley Tisdale - High School Musical 3: Senior Year -- WINNER
- Freida Pinto - Slumdog Millionaire
- Miley Cyrus - Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Vanessa Hudgens - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Kat Dennings - Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE MALE
- Robert Pattinson - Twilight -- WINNER
- Taylor Lautner - Twilight
- Ben Barnes - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- Dev Patel - Slumdog Millionaire
- Bobb'e J. Thompson - Role Models
BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
- Amy Poehler - Baby Mama
- Anna Faris - The House Bunny
- James Franco - Pineapple Express
- Jim Carrey - Yes Man -- WINNER
- Steve Carell - Get Smart
- Derek Mears - Friday The 13th
- Dwayne Johnson - Get Smart
- Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight -- WINNER
- Johnathon Schaech - Prom Night
- Luke Goss - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- Anne Hathaway vs. Kate Hudson - Bride Wars
- Christian Bale vs. Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
- Ron Perlman vs. Luke Goss - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- Robert Pattinson vs. Cam Gigandet - Twilight -- WINNER
- Seth Rogen and James Franco vs. Danny McBride - Pineapple Express
- Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy - Wanted
- Freida Pinto and Dev Patel - Slumdog Millionaire
- James Franco and Sean Penn - Milk
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - Twilight -- WINNER
- Paul Rudd and Thomas Lennon - I Love You, Man
- Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
BEST WTF MOMENT (New Category)
- Amy Poehler - Baby Mama, Peeing In the Sink - WINNER
- Angelina Jolie - Wanted, Curved Bullet Kill
- Ayush Mahesh Khedekar - Slumdog Millionaire, Jumping in the Poop Shed
- Ben Stiller - Tropic Thunder, Tasting the Decapitated Head
- Jason Segel and Kristen Bell - Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Naked Break-Up
BEST SONG FROM A MOVIE (New Category)
- "Jai Ho" - AR Raham, Slumdog Millionaire
- "The Wrestler" - Bruce Springsteen, The Wrestler
- "The Climb" - Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana: The Movie -- WINNER
- "Decode" - Paramore, Twilight
So did you watch? Favorite moments?