So, without further ado, here's the famous hall of mirror sequence from The Lady of Shanghai. This is the end of the film, so it's spoiler filled ... but it's noir, so if you actually expect it to have a happy ending, I'm sorry. Watching it again, I can't help but be struck with how Rita Hayworth loses her unearthly luminosity in this scene. Her endless beauty shots were forced on Orson Welles, but I think they lend themselves wonderfully to the ending, where she suddenly looks hard and false, and unworthy of all Welles' hero has done for her.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!