Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
It seems like forever ago since the teaser for this one hit, and at long last we've got a new full-length trailer for the animated comedy sequel. All of our prehistoric friends are returning and this time they've discovered a subterranean world populated by dinosaurs. Anachronisms aside, this looks to be a lot of fun and the movie hits theaters on July 1.
OK, if you're going to build a high tech robot boy why would you give him a permanent cowlick? I hadn't been giving much thought to this new CGI version of the classic anime, but this new trailer got my attention. The action and design look awesome, and this one is out on October 23.
Where the Wild Things Are
Judging by the high level of anticipation for Spike Jonze's Wild Things adaptation, I must be the only person in the U.S. who's never read Maurice Sendak's classic book. That said, I really like the creature costumes, even if they do give me H.R. Pufinstuff flashbacks. Wild things will be everywhere on October 16.
Blood: The Last Vampire
It's kind of hard to tell what's going on here, but it looks cool as hell. This film is based on an anime feature and there are vampires and lots of samurai sword fights. Feels kind of like a more stylish take on Blade. No U.S. release date just yet.
Ang Lee directs this comedy which stars Demetri Martin as the man who in 1969 offers the use of his parent's motel to the organizers of the Woodstock music festival. Eugene Levy also stars as Max Yasgur, owner of the nearby farm that hosts the festival. You should start avoiding the brown acid on August 14.
New this week on AOL Moviefone:
- Merry Gentleman - Micheal Keaton directs and stars in this tale of an unlikely romance between a woman escaping an abusive relationship and a suicidal hitman. Check out the trailer right here:
- Orphan - A young girl begins to show her devilish side to her new adopted family in this thriller.
- We Pedal Uphill - Thirteen intertwining vignettes set in the days after the 2004 election.
- Hannah Montana: The Movie - Movie about some teen pop star. I hear she has a bit of a following.
- Imagine That - A comedy starring Eddie Murphy as a financial executive who gains a mysterious insight into the business world because of his daughter's security blanket.
- Shall We Kiss - French language romantic comedy about two friends unsure about making the jump to a romantic relationship.
- Surveillance - An FBI agent tries to catch a serial killer with the help of three people who nearly became his victims.
- Management - After a one night fling a motel manager follows the girl of his dreams across country.Here's the trailer:
- Laid to Rest - After waking up in a coffin with no memory of what has happened to her a young woman must fend off a serial killer.
- The Song of Sparrows - Iranian film about a man who goes into the motor scooter taxi business after losing his job on an ostrich farm.