I briefly spoke to the film's star, Michael Cera, at a dinner party for Adventureland at Sundance, and he didn't really give any clues away as to how he felt about the finished product. All I know is that the book is one of the best (and my favorite) teen angst stories ever told, and the cast -- including Cera, Justin Long, Steve Buscemi, Ray Liotta, Jean Smart, Zach Galifianakis and Portia Doubleday -- is fairly awesome if you ask me. So what's the hold up? No idea. But it's The Weinstein Co., who, after three (four? five?) years are finally releasing the comedy Fanboys on February 6. Hopefully Youth in Revolt is testing through the roof and they want to hold it for a prime date over the summer ... but something tells me that's not the case. Anyway, fingers are totally crossed -- we'll let you know what the new date is when (or if) it's announced.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!