Guinea pigs in the employ of the FBI? Well, why the hell not? This is a live action film with digital rodents voiced by Nicolas Cage, Penelope Cruz, Steve Buscemi, and Tracy Morgan. I have to imagine this one got green lit after Alvin and the Chipmunks started pulling in the bucks. The concept has a certain goofy charm, but the trailer has surprisingly few laughs. Judge for yourself on July 24.
Streetfighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
When I hear "Streetfighter" I think more of the Sonny Chiba film The Street Fighter and its sequels, but that's a different franchise entirely. This film is of course based on the long running series of video games (the first of which was released in 1987 as an arcade game) and stars the lovely Kristin Kreuk of Smallville fame. The trailer is a little hard to follow since the narration is in Japanese. What we've got is basically high kicking martial arts action with a sort of comic booky mysticism. Watch for this on February 27.
From Paris With Love
I've got to admit John Travolta with a shaved head and a bazooka makes for an eye catching image. He's a cop, things blow up. No U.S. release info yet.
Joaquin Phoenix stars as a man torn between the woman his parents have fixed him up with (Vinessa Shaw) and his unpredictable neighbor (Gwyneth Paltrow ) who is dating a married man. Feel the love on February 13.
Crank 2: High Voltage
This adults only trailer is easily the most foul-mouthed trailer I've ever seen and it's also entertaining as hell. Jason Statham is back and this time he's had his heart swapped out for an artificial model that requires periodic jolts of electricity. This one hits on April 17.
New trailers on AOL Moviefone:
- X Men Origins: Wolverine - The X-Men's adamantium clawed mutant strikes out on his own in this tale of Wolverine's origin. Check it out right here:
- Night at the Museum 2 - Ben Stiller returns in this sequel in which some of the living museum displays from the first film have been shipped to the Smithsonian Institute.
- I Love You Man - Paul Rudd plays a man about to wed who is seeking a new guy friend to be his best man. Here's the trailer:
- Echelon Conspiracy - A man receives a package containing a cell phone that can provide him with unlimited wealth.
- The Pink Panther 2 - Second trailer for the sequel starring Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau.
- Knowing - Nicholas Cage plays a teacher who discovers a decades old code that predicts major calamities.